St Albans stay top of the shop with a five-star showing at Flitwick
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies stayed unbeaten and top of the Beds & Herts Women’s Football League with a 5-1 win away at Flitwick.
Lauren Croucher had to make an early save for the Lady Saints but after this early scare they started to push the hosts back.
They opened the scoring on 19 minutes with a goal from a long Katie Grehan throw-in which found its way to Sophie Lawrence at the near post.
Grehan got the second herself six minutes later when she drilled Ellen Salter’s cross into the back of the net from 16 yards.
Suzie Read made it three before half-time, Ellie Lovelock providing the assist, and she got her second early in the second period.
You may also want to watch:
Salter had an effort blocked on the line before Kerry Twigg chipped in with number five before Flitwick got a deserved consolation through Zoe Barber.
The joint player of the match award for St Albans went to Salter and Croucher.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book