St Albans stay top of the shop with a five-star showing at Flitwick
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies stayed unbeaten and top of the Beds & Herts Women’s Football League with a 5-1 win away at Flitwick.
Lauren Croucher had to make an early save for the Lady Saints but after this early scare they started to push the hosts back.
They opened the scoring on 19 minutes with a goal from a long Katie Grehan throw-in which found its way to Sophie Lawrence at the near post.
Grehan got the second herself six minutes later when she drilled Ellen Salter’s cross into the back of the net from 16 yards.
Suzie Read made it three before half-time, Ellie Lovelock providing the assist, and she got her second early in the second period.
You may also want to watch:
Salter had an effort blocked on the line before Kerry Twigg chipped in with number five before Flitwick got a deserved consolation through Zoe Barber.
The joint player of the match award for St Albans went to Salter and Croucher.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high