St Albans start 2017 by taking Cambridge University to school
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club men kicked off 2017 in fine form with a 3-1 win against Cambridge University at Oaklands on Saturday.
Following a number of postponed games due to frozen pitches the 1st X1’s win puts them third in the East of England Premier League with two games in hand.
The 3rds won 4-0 against Hampstead & Westminster with two goals from Andrew Tyler and one each for Jack Kelly and Scott App while the 5ths beat Berkhamsted 2-1.
The 9ths continued their winning run with a 9-3 victory against Welwyn Garden City and there was draws for the Praetorians and Centurions against Hampstead & Westminster (2-2) and Chelmsford (3-3).
In the ladies’ section the 2nds were unlucky to lose 1-0 in a close game away to Bedford but there was better news for the 3rds who had a convincing 5-1 against West Herts.
You may also want to watch:
Jo Moxham (two), Vicky Fallan (two) and Sarah Mobbs all scored for the Tangerines.
Helen Anton’s goal for the Boadiceas gave them a 1-0 win against Leighton Buzzard.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests