Squash: Sisters serve up county titles
- Credit: Archant
St Albans sisters Honor and Darcey Dalwood appear to be following in their mum’s footsteps when it comes to squash success.
Louisa Dalwood made headlines after captaining the England over-35 women last year and has since won matches against Ireland and Scotland in their home international fixtures this year.
And now her two daughters have also been celebrating after winning titles at the Herts County Championships.
Darcey, 11, was crowned the under-13 champion for the first time without losing a game to complete a hat-trick of age group successes over the past three years.
And younger sibling Honor, who is only eight, won the under-nine title after beating the defending champion 11-9 in a deciding third game.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m delighted the girls have also chosen to play squash and are enjoying some success,” said Louisa. “They’re achieving more than I did at that age!”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor