Squash: Sisters serve up county titles
- Credit: Archant
St Albans sisters Honor and Darcey Dalwood appear to be following in their mum’s footsteps when it comes to squash success.
Louisa Dalwood made headlines after captaining the England over-35 women last year and has since won matches against Ireland and Scotland in their home international fixtures this year.
And now her two daughters have also been celebrating after winning titles at the Herts County Championships.
Darcey, 11, was crowned the under-13 champion for the first time without losing a game to complete a hat-trick of age group successes over the past three years.
And younger sibling Honor, who is only eight, won the under-nine title after beating the defending champion 11-9 in a deciding third game.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m delighted the girls have also chosen to play squash and are enjoying some success,” said Louisa. “They’re achieving more than I did at that age!”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers