St Albans secondary schools swim to Hertfordshire success
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty of joy for the St Albans District Secondary Schools Swimming Team at the County Championships.
The junior squad (Year 7 and 8) had the most success, picking up the overall win for both boys and girls.
They were also victorious in all of the relays, with the girls breaking the freestyle relay record by over two seconds.
On an individual level, Charlie King of Verulam School won the junior boys’ backstroke.
The intermediate and senior teams were both depleted this year due to timing of exams.
You may also want to watch:
However, the intermediate (Year 9 and 10) boys and girls teams won their medley relays and Reese Housden, from Sir John Lawes, took the win in the boy’s individual medlay and butterfly.
Team manager Andrew Ellis said: “The team performed well and showed again the good depth of swimmers in the district.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?