St Albans secondary schools swim to Hertfordshire success
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty of joy for the St Albans District Secondary Schools Swimming Team at the County Championships.
The junior squad (Year 7 and 8) had the most success, picking up the overall win for both boys and girls.
They were also victorious in all of the relays, with the girls breaking the freestyle relay record by over two seconds.
On an individual level, Charlie King of Verulam School won the junior boys’ backstroke.
The intermediate and senior teams were both depleted this year due to timing of exams.
You may also want to watch:
However, the intermediate (Year 9 and 10) boys and girls teams won their medley relays and Reese Housden, from Sir John Lawes, took the win in the boy’s individual medlay and butterfly.
Team manager Andrew Ellis said: “The team performed well and showed again the good depth of swimmers in the district.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans