St Albans’s skiing star Alison Hills looking to grab world championship glory
- Credit: Archant
A skier from St Albans will make her bow at the Masters World Championships full of confidence after some excellent results in two Masters World Cup events.
Alison Hills, who works as a solicitor in St Albans, will head to Megeve in France next month for the week-long championship.
And the 38-year-old, who runs for St Albans Striders when not on the slopes, will go full of confidence.
She currently lies second overall in the World Cup, an over 30 series of slalom, giant slalom and super-G races, all of which brings her in competition with a wide array of skiers, including some ex-professionals and Olympians.
And her last two events in Goetschen, Germany, and Chatel, France, saw her come away with three gold medals as well as a silver and bronze.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I have never competed in the Masters World Champs before but I am hoping to achieve some more podium positions and be one of only two British ladies ever to do so.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend