St Albans Rugby Club building for new season with confirmed signings of talented youngsters
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Rugby Club are starting to turn thoughts to next season and have moved to secure the signatures of some of the stars of their promotion campaign this year.
The Boggymead-based club were confirmed as the second promoted team in Herts Middlesex Division One behind champions Hendon.
No start date for the new season has been given and while they expect to be in London Three North West, that has yet to be confirmed.
What they do know, however is that they will be able to call on plenty of their talented young squad from last year.
Definitely returning is players’ player of the year Sam Howell.
You may also want to watch:
Also returning is Mickey Seymour and brother Joe as well as George Saunders, while the forwards will be able to call on prop Liam Rogers and number eight Sydney Noad once again.
There will also be a couple of familiar faces back this season too.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Russell Harrison, who can play anywhere along the back line, spent last season with Hertford and is described by the club as “having good footwork and a solid defender with a good passing and kicking game”.
Also returning, this time from the University of Exeter is Dominic Boost.
More signings are expected in the coming weeks.