St Albans on the up with win that is right up their Street
- Credit: Archant
St Albans moved into the top half of the London North West Three table with a solid 19-12 win over Old Streetonians at Boggymead.
Saints are now fifth after a game between two very well-matched sides.
They both scored two tries in the first half. Chris Jones came in from out wide for the first Saints score while Fraser Morris went over after a couple of pick up and go’s. Harry Tude converted both tries to give Saints a 14-12 lead at the break.
The hosts dominated the second half with excellent and intense defensive pressure and Dave Jones got what turned out to be the only score.
Head coach Richard Hope said: “After a tough start to the season, the lads are now playing the rugby that we brought in during pre-season and the confidence is showing in the way we are playing.”
You may also want to watch:
The versatile Roy Dube had a fine debut but man of the match went to Tom Webb who was a constant thorn.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden