St Albans on the up with win that is right up their Street
- Credit: Archant
St Albans moved into the top half of the London North West Three table with a solid 19-12 win over Old Streetonians at Boggymead.
Saints are now fifth after a game between two very well-matched sides.
They both scored two tries in the first half. Chris Jones came in from out wide for the first Saints score while Fraser Morris went over after a couple of pick up and go’s. Harry Tude converted both tries to give Saints a 14-12 lead at the break.
The hosts dominated the second half with excellent and intense defensive pressure and Dave Jones got what turned out to be the only score.
Head coach Richard Hope said: “After a tough start to the season, the lads are now playing the rugby that we brought in during pre-season and the confidence is showing in the way we are playing.”
You may also want to watch:
The versatile Roy Dube had a fine debut but man of the match went to Tom Webb who was a constant thorn.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book