St Albans remain on course for promotion after see-saw battle with Ipswich ends all-square
- Credit: Archant
St Albans remain locked on promotion to the national leagues after a thrilling 3-3 draw at home to Ipswich in the East League Premier Division.
The match at Oaklands College was one they probably should have won but also came very close to losing.
As it is they remain in the third of four promotion spots with games in hand on the teams above them.
Ipswich had arrived one place below the Tangerines and it was they who struck first but goals from George Scott and Matt Davey fired St Albans in front.
Ipswich levelled before half-time but Saints regained the lead when Charlie Bowskill finished off after good work by Dave Williams.
You may also want to watch:
That seemed to be enough until one late short corner brought an equaliser and another needed a big save from Iain Fraser to retain parity.
Skipper Davey said: “Though the result was disappointing, we displayed some fast incisive hockey. It was an enjoyable battle.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire