St Albans Olympic Torch Relay in pictures
TORCHBEARERS carrying the Olympic flame through St Albans yesterday, Sunday, are still coming down to earth after taking part in the historic relay through the city’s streets ahead of London 2012.
Sarah Toll said that running with the flame was an “awesome” experience.
She completed the final leg of the relay, from the junction of Verulam Road with Folly Lane to its junction at Oysterfields, before it was placed in a convoy vehicle to be transported to her hometown of Hemel Hempstead.
The 47-year-old said: “It was the best day ever! I am still buzzing.”
Heart FM presenter Natalie B described being a torch-bearer as a “surreal” experience.
You may also want to watch:
The 34-year-old of St Albans said: “It was brilliant. There was an amazing sense of community.”
More details and photos from the historic event will be available in this week’s Herts Ad.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district