St Albans Olympic Torch Relay in pictures
TORCHBEARERS carrying the Olympic flame through St Albans yesterday, Sunday, are still coming down to earth after taking part in the historic relay through the city’s streets ahead of London 2012.
Sarah Toll said that running with the flame was an “awesome” experience.
She completed the final leg of the relay, from the junction of Verulam Road with Folly Lane to its junction at Oysterfields, before it was placed in a convoy vehicle to be transported to her hometown of Hemel Hempstead.
The 47-year-old said: “It was the best day ever! I am still buzzing.”
Heart FM presenter Natalie B described being a torch-bearer as a “surreal” experience.
You may also want to watch:
The 34-year-old of St Albans said: “It was brilliant. There was an amazing sense of community.”
More details and photos from the historic event will be available in this week’s Herts Ad.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development