Successful world kickboxing title defence for St Albans’ Nick Samways
- Credit: Archant
A kickboxer from St Albans has successfully defended his world title.
Nick Samways was fighting at Bethnal Green’s iconic York Hall on the Superfight Series card and managed to come away with the WKO K1 championship belt still around his waist after a victory over Jordan Smith.
The 27-year-old now plans to add a second title to the collection when he fights Jordan Fichelle from France for the vacant WKMA Professional K1 World Title.
That bout takes place on September 29 at Planet Ice in Milton Keynes.
Samways and his trainer Brian Boyle run boxing, Muay Thai and fitness coaching classes at the Combat Gym in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
The Hatfield Road-based business is a community combat sports gym for people of all ages and abilities in the area.
Samways has trained and fought in Muay Thai and Ki for over 10 years and is the current WKA European Champion
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans