Successful world kickboxing title defence for St Albans’ Nick Samways
- Credit: Archant
A kickboxer from St Albans has successfully defended his world title.
Nick Samways was fighting at Bethnal Green’s iconic York Hall on the Superfight Series card and managed to come away with the WKO K1 championship belt still around his waist after a victory over Jordan Smith.
The 27-year-old now plans to add a second title to the collection when he fights Jordan Fichelle from France for the vacant WKMA Professional K1 World Title.
That bout takes place on September 29 at Planet Ice in Milton Keynes.
Samways and his trainer Brian Boyle run boxing, Muay Thai and fitness coaching classes at the Combat Gym in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
The Hatfield Road-based business is a community combat sports gym for people of all ages and abilities in the area.
Samways has trained and fought in Muay Thai and Ki for over 10 years and is the current WKA European Champion
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans