St Albans’ Nick Samways ready for world title shot in kickboxing
- Credit: Archant
The co-owner of a gym in St Albans and current European champion in kickboxing, is set to fight for a world title next month.
Nick Samways, who along with Brian Boyle owns Combat Gym in Hatfield Road, will face Fassal Mehdi on March 18 for the WKO crown at the iconic York Hall, Bethnal Green.
Samways, who is sponsored by Blackphone UK and has trained and fought in Muay Thai and K1 for over 10 years, is the current WKA European champion having defended his title at the Alban Arena in November at the Super Fight Series.
And the 27-year-old’s world fight will also be shown on Sky Sports a few days later.
Combat Gym teaches Muay Thai, K1 and boxing, including fitness circuits and women’s and junior sessions.
You may also want to watch:
The gym also trains those who have signed up to the UWCB events held at Batchwood Hall, which are charity events raising money for Cancer Research UK.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 10 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp