St Albans’ Nick Samways ready for world title shot in kickboxing
- Credit: Archant
The co-owner of a gym in St Albans and current European champion in kickboxing, is set to fight for a world title next month.
Nick Samways, who along with Brian Boyle owns Combat Gym in Hatfield Road, will face Fassal Mehdi on March 18 for the WKO crown at the iconic York Hall, Bethnal Green.
Samways, who is sponsored by Blackphone UK and has trained and fought in Muay Thai and K1 for over 10 years, is the current WKA European champion having defended his title at the Alban Arena in November at the Super Fight Series.
And the 27-year-old’s world fight will also be shown on Sky Sports a few days later.
Combat Gym teaches Muay Thai, K1 and boxing, including fitness circuits and women’s and junior sessions.
You may also want to watch:
The gym also trains those who have signed up to the UWCB events held at Batchwood Hall, which are charity events raising money for Cancer Research UK.
- 1 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 2 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge