St Albans Nia Boty ‘honoured’ at England skiing call-up
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old ski racer from St Albans has been selected to the England U16 Alpine Ski Squad for the 2017-18 season.
Talented Nia Boty, who attends St Albans Girls School and currently trains with the British Ski Academy in Italy, Hemel Ski Race Club at The Snow Centre and Welwyn dry ski slope, is excited about the season ahead.
Boty said: “I feel honoured to have been selected, and it gives me hope for the future.
“This season I want to do my best in each race and come in the top seven in each of them.”
Boty who started skiing at the age of three is hoping to spend as much time as possible training and racing on-snow this winter.
You may also want to watch:
Snowsport England’s Ian Findlay said: “She has shown that she has both the talent and attitude to become part of the squad, which will give her support alongside her existing training programme.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?