St Albans Nia Boty ‘honoured’ at England skiing call-up
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old ski racer from St Albans has been selected to the England U16 Alpine Ski Squad for the 2017-18 season.
Talented Nia Boty, who attends St Albans Girls School and currently trains with the British Ski Academy in Italy, Hemel Ski Race Club at The Snow Centre and Welwyn dry ski slope, is excited about the season ahead.
Boty said: “I feel honoured to have been selected, and it gives me hope for the future.
“This season I want to do my best in each race and come in the top seven in each of them.”
Boty who started skiing at the age of three is hoping to spend as much time as possible training and racing on-snow this winter.
You may also want to watch:
Snowsport England’s Ian Findlay said: “She has shown that she has both the talent and attitude to become part of the squad, which will give her support alongside her existing training programme.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25