St Albans men narrowly lose out to Lod Loughtonians
St Albans Hockey Club’s men’s first team narrowly lost out to Old Loughtonians at Oaklands on Saturday.
Two goals, one either side of half-time, for the visitors was all that separated the teams as the Tangerines held on to ninth spot in the National League Conference East.
St Albans will be looking for their third win of the campaign this Sunday when second-placed Holcombe travel to Oaklands, 2pm start.
Elsewhere in the men’s section: the 2nds beat Guildford 2nds 3-1; the 3rds won 2-1 against PHC Chiswick 2nds; the 4ths routed WGC 2nds 5-1; and the 5ths narrowly edged Stevenage 3rds 4-3.
The ladies first team fell down the league despite drawing 1-1 with Chelmsford. Sam Archer gave St Albans the lead in the 16th minute but Chelmsford replied just after the half-hour mark to snatch a point.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for the ladies is a visit from Wimbledon, the team directly above them in the table, to Oaklands on Saturday, 6pm start.
Elsewhere for the ladies: the 2nds lost 2-1 to Cambridge City 1sts; the 3rds were beaten 4-0 by Canterbury 3rds; and the 4ths remain winless after a 11-0 thrashing at Leighton Buzzard.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden