St Albans lose National League opener
LIFE in the national league has not started well for St Albans, who fell to a 3-0 defeat against Oxted at Oaklands College.
Jonathan Wilkes-Green gave the visitors a 14th minute lead, and it was 2-0 just before the interval when Mike Trim converted a penalty corner.
Wilkes-Green returned to net his second in the 59th minutes to seal an opening day 3-0 win for Oxted.
St Albans have a chance to redeem themselves on Sunday (September 22) when they travel to Bromley and Beckenham.
The ladies had a winning start to their national league campaign, beating Harleston Magpies 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in the club, the men’s 2nds drew 0-0 with Southgate 3rds, the ladies’ 2nds beat Chelmsford 2nds 5-1, the ladies’ 3rds beat Luton 2-1 and the ladies’ 4ths lost 3-0 to Southgate.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development