St Albans lose National League opener
LIFE in the national league has not started well for St Albans, who fell to a 3-0 defeat against Oxted at Oaklands College.
Jonathan Wilkes-Green gave the visitors a 14th minute lead, and it was 2-0 just before the interval when Mike Trim converted a penalty corner.
Wilkes-Green returned to net his second in the 59th minutes to seal an opening day 3-0 win for Oxted.
St Albans have a chance to redeem themselves on Sunday (September 22) when they travel to Bromley and Beckenham.
The ladies had a winning start to their national league campaign, beating Harleston Magpies 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in the club, the men’s 2nds drew 0-0 with Southgate 3rds, the ladies’ 2nds beat Chelmsford 2nds 5-1, the ladies’ 3rds beat Luton 2-1 and the ladies’ 4ths lost 3-0 to Southgate.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly