St Albans live to fight another day in Division Two A
- Credit: Archant
St Albans live to fight another day in Saracens Herts Division Two A after beating Preston at Clarence Park.
The Saints are locked in a relegation battle and needed to win on Saturday; and they got it thanks to Matt Howeson’s 38 and Dan Rosson’s three-fer.
In a repeat of last week, St Albans got a good start before a collapse gave their opponents a modicum of hope. Last week, St Albans were 104-1 before being skittled for 168 in a seven-wicket loss to Radlett 2s. This weekend, Robbie Goddard (25), Howeson (38), Sandipan Chanda (20) and extras saw them reach 118-3.
However, another collapse saw them all out for 148.
They failure of last week was no where to be seen though, as Preston lost their first three wickets for no runs.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors rebuilt their innings but Jospeh Clouting took a second wicket in a seven-over spell before Ben Hicks, on his first team debut, took a smart caught & bowled.
Rosson picked up three wickets before Henry Tyler finished the innings for a 53-run win and to keep alive the hopes of staying in Division Tow A. The win lifted St Albans to within 72 points of Holtwhite Trinibis and 76 of safety.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25