Semi-final place booked for St Albans Ladies as AFC Dunstable are hit for six
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies are through to the semi-final of the Beds & Herts Women’s League Cup after a 6-0 win against AFC Dunstable.
The match had been abandoned previously due to an injury and Saints then had to give up home advantage with their Boggymead home under water.
But these setbacks did not affect them too much as they were 2-0 ahead by half-time before cruising home after the break on Creasey Park's artificial pitch.
Kerry Twigg got the first on 22 minutes after good work from Mille Guest and Abbey Williams' run and shot made it two.
Lauren Croucher made a great one-handed save early in the second half before goals from Guest and Ellie Lovelock made it 4-0.
You may also want to watch:
Jess McNamara finished the game off with a well-taken double, the first a penalty and the second a good finish from a well-worked move, and the Lady Saints will now play Herts Vipers for a place in the final.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?