Fast start and strong finish keeps St Albans Ladies in title hunt
- Credit: Archant
A goal in just 26 seconds set St Albans Ladies on their way to a 4-0 win over Garston Ladies 2nds and kept their title charge in Beds & Herts Women’s football League Division One on track.
Kayla Johnson got that one, slamming the ball home after Kerry Twigg’s initial shot was saved.
The second came only five minutes later, Ellen Salter the provider with a wickedly curling cross being smashed into the roof of the net by Molly Slade.
But after the bright start, the goals dried up and it wasn’t until a frantic finish the Slade made it three, lobbing the keeper from 35 yards.
In between Ellie Lovelock had hit the underside of the bar and Carys Baker had a shot cleared off the line.
You may also want to watch:
The Lady Saints finished the match off on 90 minutes with Lovelock sending Salter away for number four.
A similar performance in St Albans’ next match at leaders Northwood on Sunday is absolutely vital.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans