Fast start and strong finish keeps St Albans Ladies in title hunt
- Credit: Archant
A goal in just 26 seconds set St Albans Ladies on their way to a 4-0 win over Garston Ladies 2nds and kept their title charge in Beds & Herts Women’s football League Division One on track.
Kayla Johnson got that one, slamming the ball home after Kerry Twigg’s initial shot was saved.
The second came only five minutes later, Ellen Salter the provider with a wickedly curling cross being smashed into the roof of the net by Molly Slade.
But after the bright start, the goals dried up and it wasn’t until a frantic finish the Slade made it three, lobbing the keeper from 35 yards.
In between Ellie Lovelock had hit the underside of the bar and Carys Baker had a shot cleared off the line.
You may also want to watch:
The Lady Saints finished the match off on 90 minutes with Lovelock sending Salter away for number four.
A similar performance in St Albans’ next match at leaders Northwood on Sunday is absolutely vital.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans