St Albans Ladies show no mercy with double-figure win over Watton
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies took full advantage of their numerical superiority over Watton to rack up a 10-0 win in the Beds & Herts Women’s League Division One.
The hosts could only field 10 players and Saints were in no mood to show mercy.
Katie Grehan put them ahead on 14 minutes, latching on to a Jess Cavaree pass, opening the floodgates.
Sophie Lawrence made it two and a double from Suz Read made it 4-0 by half-time.
Watton’s task wasn’t made any easier when they were reduced to nine following a bad cut to the knee for one of their players.
Chloe Reeves made it five just after the restart and Lawrence and Kerry Twigg increased the lead to seven.
Twigg scored again to make it 8-0 and Ellie Lovelock joined her and Lawrence on two with a double late on.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The player of the match was awarded to Robyn McFayden, who held the defence well, while Ellen Salter won the supporters’ player.