St Albans Ladies show no mercy with double-figure win over Watton
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies took full advantage of their numerical superiority over Watton to rack up a 10-0 win in the Beds & Herts Women’s League Division One.
The hosts could only field 10 players and Saints were in no mood to show mercy.
Katie Grehan put them ahead on 14 minutes, latching on to a Jess Cavaree pass, opening the floodgates.
Sophie Lawrence made it two and a double from Suz Read made it 4-0 by half-time.
Watton’s task wasn’t made any easier when they were reduced to nine following a bad cut to the knee for one of their players.
You may also want to watch:
Chloe Reeves made it five just after the restart and Lawrence and Kerry Twigg increased the lead to seven.
Twigg scored again to make it 8-0 and Ellie Lovelock joined her and Lawrence on two with a double late on.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
The player of the match was awarded to Robyn McFayden, who held the defence well, while Ellen Salter won the supporters’ player.