St Albans Ladies show no mercy with double-figure win over Watton
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies took full advantage of their numerical superiority over Watton to rack up a 10-0 win in the Beds & Herts Women’s League Division One.
The hosts could only field 10 players and Saints were in no mood to show mercy.
Katie Grehan put them ahead on 14 minutes, latching on to a Jess Cavaree pass, opening the floodgates.
Sophie Lawrence made it two and a double from Suz Read made it 4-0 by half-time.
Watton’s task wasn’t made any easier when they were reduced to nine following a bad cut to the knee for one of their players.
You may also want to watch:
Chloe Reeves made it five just after the restart and Lawrence and Kerry Twigg increased the lead to seven.
Twigg scored again to make it 8-0 and Ellie Lovelock joined her and Lawrence on two with a double late on.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
The player of the match was awarded to Robyn McFayden, who held the defence well, while Ellen Salter won the supporters’ player.