Lovelock hits treble as St Albans Ladies keep title challenge on track
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies kept their title challenge at the top of the Beds & Herts Women’s Football League Division One alive with another big win and clean sheet.
Following on from last week’s 6-0 success they recorded an impressive 4-0 win away to Sharnbrook.
Ellie Lovelock led the way with three while Sophie Hill chipped in with the fourth.
Only one of them arrived by half-time, Lovelock with a first-time shot on 27 minutes although both she and Kayla Johnson did hit the crossbar and Lauren Croucher in the Saints’ goal pulled off a miraculous save.
But the second period saw the Lady Saints kick on in style. Lovelock got her second on 62 minutes before Hull became the third player to strike the woodwork.
However, she made up for it with five minutes to go and Lovelock completed her hat-trick four minutes later.
St Albans are now third, two points behind leaders Welwyn Pegasus although having played two games less.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme