St Albans ladies get 2017 off to a great start with Southgate win
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club ladies had a terrific start to 2017 with a 2-0 win against Southgate.
Amie Hone and Adel Sammonds got the goals that lifts the Tangerines into fifth in the Investec Women’s Conference East.
The 2nds drew 1-1 with Cambridge University at Oaklands, Victoria Trumpess getting the goal, while goals from Sarah Mobbs, Liz Cleverly and Libe Fadrique helped the 3rds to a 3-2 success over Letchworth.
The 4ths drew 2-2 with Stevenage following a brace from Charlotte More and the 5ths also had to settle for a point in a 0-0 draw with Chiltern.
Across in the men’s section, the firsts went goal-crazy, thumping Cambridge City 8-1.
David Williams got a hat-trick, Steve McManus two and Tariq Marcano, Mark Lowden and Matt Davey completed the scoring for the Tangerines.
The 3rds beat Hampstead & Westminster 4-0 with goals from Andrew Tyler (two), Jack Kelly and Scott App and the 6ths beat Welwyn Garden City 3-2 thanks to strikes from Andrew Bent, Fraser and Martin Jones.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
The 8th and 9th teams both won, 4-1 and 3-1 against Cheshunt and West Herts respectively and there was also a 3-1 triumph for The Praetorians against Hampstead & Westminster Super Vets.