St Albans ladies get 2017 off to a great start with Southgate win
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club ladies had a terrific start to 2017 with a 2-0 win against Southgate.
Amie Hone and Adel Sammonds got the goals that lifts the Tangerines into fifth in the Investec Women’s Conference East.
The 2nds drew 1-1 with Cambridge University at Oaklands, Victoria Trumpess getting the goal, while goals from Sarah Mobbs, Liz Cleverly and Libe Fadrique helped the 3rds to a 3-2 success over Letchworth.
The 4ths drew 2-2 with Stevenage following a brace from Charlotte More and the 5ths also had to settle for a point in a 0-0 draw with Chiltern.
Across in the men’s section, the firsts went goal-crazy, thumping Cambridge City 8-1.
You may also want to watch:
David Williams got a hat-trick, Steve McManus two and Tariq Marcano, Mark Lowden and Matt Davey completed the scoring for the Tangerines.
The 3rds beat Hampstead & Westminster 4-0 with goals from Andrew Tyler (two), Jack Kelly and Scott App and the 6ths beat Welwyn Garden City 3-2 thanks to strikes from Andrew Bent, Fraser and Martin Jones.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
The 8th and 9th teams both won, 4-1 and 3-1 against Cheshunt and West Herts respectively and there was also a 3-1 triumph for The Praetorians against Hampstead & Westminster Super Vets.