St Albans keep the pressure on the league leaders after Harleston success
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Men won 4-3 in an end-to-end game against Harleston Magpies
The success keeps them in third in the East of England Premier League, level on points with Old Loughts and three points behind City of Peterborough.
The 2nds picked up their first win of the season in the London Premier League, defeating Reading 3-2 thanks to goals from Charlie Beedle, James Champion and Al Spencer.
The 6ths triumphed in a high-scoring game, beating Luton Vagrants 7-5 while the 7ths won 2-1 against Bedford. The 8ths drew 2-2 with Bedford Vets and the Praetorians won 3-0 against Surbiton Magnets.
In the ladies’ section , no game for the 1sts or 2nds meant the focus turned to the thirds and Liz Cleverly helped them come out on top with a 1-0 win at home to Brentwood.
You may also want to watch:
The 4ths won 3-2 against Leighton Buzzard, goals from Gemma Little (two) and Chloe Munroe, while the Boadiceas drew 1-1 with Letchworth, Tamsin Warren scoring for the Tangerines.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high