St Albans keep the pressure on the league leaders after Harleston success
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Men won 4-3 in an end-to-end game against Harleston Magpies
The success keeps them in third in the East of England Premier League, level on points with Old Loughts and three points behind City of Peterborough.
The 2nds picked up their first win of the season in the London Premier League, defeating Reading 3-2 thanks to goals from Charlie Beedle, James Champion and Al Spencer.
The 6ths triumphed in a high-scoring game, beating Luton Vagrants 7-5 while the 7ths won 2-1 against Bedford. The 8ths drew 2-2 with Bedford Vets and the Praetorians won 3-0 against Surbiton Magnets.
In the ladies’ section , no game for the 1sts or 2nds meant the focus turned to the thirds and Liz Cleverly helped them come out on top with a 1-0 win at home to Brentwood.
You may also want to watch:
The 4ths won 3-2 against Leighton Buzzard, goals from Gemma Little (two) and Chloe Munroe, while the Boadiceas drew 1-1 with Letchworth, Tamsin Warren scoring for the Tangerines.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public