St Albans Judo Club wins 19 medals at BJC National Championships
- Credit: Archant
ST ALBANS Judo Club returned with an impressive haul of 19 medals from the BJC Nationals in Kettering.
The club took 22 players with Jessie Edwards, Chloe Alvis, Melodi Mangan, Tyler Nash and Thomas Lish all wining gold medals and the title of BJC National Champions for their age and weight.
There were silver medals for Paige Rowlatt, Ellie Howell, Amy Platten, Bradley Howell and Victoria Howell; and bronzes Christopher Alvis, Charlie Alvis, Connor Nash, Paddy Lish, Anna Platten, Lucy Day, Freya Peter Hannah Niven and Emily Niven.
Our other three competitors were Michael Edwards, Owain Peter and Arin Mangan, who all fought their hardest at this very difficult competition.
A spokesman from the club said: “There were competitors from all over the UK and the standard of judo was at it absolute best. All the young people from SAJC showed how their training and dedication to the sport has impacted on their overall performance and this was reflected in their achievements on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“As usual the parents and supporters were out in force and were the best and the loudest on the day! Well done everyone.”
For more information on St Albans Judo club, visit www.stalbansjudo.org.uk
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?