St Albans Judo Club wins 19 medals at BJC National Championships
- Credit: Archant
ST ALBANS Judo Club returned with an impressive haul of 19 medals from the BJC Nationals in Kettering.
The club took 22 players with Jessie Edwards, Chloe Alvis, Melodi Mangan, Tyler Nash and Thomas Lish all wining gold medals and the title of BJC National Champions for their age and weight.
There were silver medals for Paige Rowlatt, Ellie Howell, Amy Platten, Bradley Howell and Victoria Howell; and bronzes Christopher Alvis, Charlie Alvis, Connor Nash, Paddy Lish, Anna Platten, Lucy Day, Freya Peter Hannah Niven and Emily Niven.
Our other three competitors were Michael Edwards, Owain Peter and Arin Mangan, who all fought their hardest at this very difficult competition.
A spokesman from the club said: “There were competitors from all over the UK and the standard of judo was at it absolute best. All the young people from SAJC showed how their training and dedication to the sport has impacted on their overall performance and this was reflected in their achievements on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“As usual the parents and supporters were out in force and were the best and the loudest on the day! Well done everyone.”
For more information on St Albans Judo club, visit www.stalbansjudo.org.uk
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 8 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 9 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 10 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities