St Albans IIIs promoted at Boadiceas’ expense
HOCKEY: IN a repeat of the fixture from just three weeks ago, St Albans Ladies III took on St Albans Ladies Boadiceas.
With the III’s, pictured right, sitting in second place and Boadiceas in third, a win for one of the sides would confirm promotion along with champions Leighton Buzzard.
In the reverse fixture the Boadiceas turned over the IIIs, who were out for revenge. The Boadiceas were buoyed by the return of captain, Angela Byrne, who will be available full-time next season following the birth of her son Ollie, who was at the match to cheer her on.
With only a few minutes played the Boadiceas found themselves 1-0 down and it did not improve, as goals came at regular intervals. Sterre Steins Bischopp helped herself to two goals while Lucy Mann ended with a hat-trick. Gemma Little’s goal was her 17th of the season and made her the top scorer at both the club and in the league.
Boadicea’s did manage to find the net, with both goals coming from penalty corner routines. On both occasions Kelli Seagrave was the scorer.
You may also want to watch:
With the final score 7-2 to the IIIs, it was them that were promoted to Division 2 next season. The IIIs ended the season with the best record in the league concerning goals scoring a whopping 84 and conceding just 14.
At the end of the season the Boadiceas will be satisfied with a third place finish.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall