St Albans IIIs promoted at Boadiceas’ expense
HOCKEY: IN a repeat of the fixture from just three weeks ago, St Albans Ladies III took on St Albans Ladies Boadiceas.
With the III’s, pictured right, sitting in second place and Boadiceas in third, a win for one of the sides would confirm promotion along with champions Leighton Buzzard.
In the reverse fixture the Boadiceas turned over the IIIs, who were out for revenge. The Boadiceas were buoyed by the return of captain, Angela Byrne, who will be available full-time next season following the birth of her son Ollie, who was at the match to cheer her on.
With only a few minutes played the Boadiceas found themselves 1-0 down and it did not improve, as goals came at regular intervals. Sterre Steins Bischopp helped herself to two goals while Lucy Mann ended with a hat-trick. Gemma Little’s goal was her 17th of the season and made her the top scorer at both the club and in the league.
Boadicea’s did manage to find the net, with both goals coming from penalty corner routines. On both occasions Kelli Seagrave was the scorer.
You may also want to watch:
With the final score 7-2 to the IIIs, it was them that were promoted to Division 2 next season. The IIIs ended the season with the best record in the league concerning goals scoring a whopping 84 and conceding just 14.
At the end of the season the Boadiceas will be satisfied with a third place finish.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works