St Albans IIIs promoted at Boadiceas’ expense
HOCKEY: IN a repeat of the fixture from just three weeks ago, St Albans Ladies III took on St Albans Ladies Boadiceas.
With the III’s, pictured right, sitting in second place and Boadiceas in third, a win for one of the sides would confirm promotion along with champions Leighton Buzzard.
In the reverse fixture the Boadiceas turned over the IIIs, who were out for revenge. The Boadiceas were buoyed by the return of captain, Angela Byrne, who will be available full-time next season following the birth of her son Ollie, who was at the match to cheer her on.
With only a few minutes played the Boadiceas found themselves 1-0 down and it did not improve, as goals came at regular intervals. Sterre Steins Bischopp helped herself to two goals while Lucy Mann ended with a hat-trick. Gemma Little’s goal was her 17th of the season and made her the top scorer at both the club and in the league.
Boadicea’s did manage to find the net, with both goals coming from penalty corner routines. On both occasions Kelli Seagrave was the scorer.
With the final score 7-2 to the IIIs, it was them that were promoted to Division 2 next season. The IIIs ended the season with the best record in the league concerning goals scoring a whopping 84 and conceding just 14.
At the end of the season the Boadiceas will be satisfied with a third place finish.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary