St Albans IFC skipper scores double hat-trick

Radlett defender halts an IFC St Albans threat.

Radlett defender halts an IFC St Albans threat. - Credit: Archant

THERE was a return to form for Division Three St Albans IFC which saw captain Spencer Clarke-Mardel unplayable as he scored six from midfield against Radlett Village in a 10-2 rout.

St Albans IFC skipper was in unstoppable form, scoring six goals.

St Albans IFC skipper was in unstoppable form, scoring six goals. - Credit: Archant

Michael Langton scored two, including a curled effort into top corner. A lovely free-kick from Calum Marjoram and a Jason Nicolaou single completed the scoring.

Greenwood Park player hot on the heels of a Camp KBK forward.

Greenwood Park player hot on the heels of a Camp KBK forward. - Credit: Archant

Brookmans Park Res played well against NBOB Res but couldn’t match the opposition’s finishing and the brilliance of Ben Haines, going down 4-1. On the mark for Breakspear was Ryan Hearne (two), Devon Smith and Tom Gajjar. Ryan Painter scored for Park in the second half, Tom Brewer had an outstanding game for Park.

Jersey Farm's Luke Tremlet netted five times.

Jersey Farm's Luke Tremlet netted five times. - Credit: Archant

Precision came out on top of this bad tempered match 2-1 winners, which saw both teams reduced to 10 men. Steve Seeby powered home a close range header to cancel out O’Neils opener by Matt Pollock before Matt Day came off the bench to wrap up the points with a well-taken finish. Goalkeeper Kelvin Caines at times was unplayable and kept out O’Neils attacks with some excellent saves

Queens Head Sandridge put in an all round good team performance, on a nice surface at Napsbury to defeat White Horse 3-1. Goals from Marc Farrow, Sam Jones, Dave Ansell and Sam Ledger gave Queens all three points in this bottom of the table clash.

Two goals from Old Albanians man of the match Adam Phillips earned his side a 2-2 draw against Colney Heath Rangers Res.

Blacksmiths Arms completed the double over Wheathampstead ‘89, winning 2-0 with goals from Ali Franks and Luke Lovell. Juhel Ali was Arms man of the match.

Most Read

Herts Advertiser Challenge Cup

Vision progressed into the next round with a tricky fixture against Division One high-flyers Harpenden Arms Ath, winning 4-1 with two goals from Joel Norris and singles by Carl Costain and Ethan Hughes. Andy Findlay and man of the match Michael Davies replied for Arms.

Herts Advertiser Junior Cup

St Albans Royals started well with good build up play against Oaks Res but failed to produce a finish and found themselves a Barry Potts goal down. Royals kept going and pulled it back through Stephen Brand. The second half saw both teams go for it with Oaks being an aerial threat, Royals kept the ball down and played some good football and scored the winning goal through Matt Brand for Royals to win 2-1. Royals star man was Stephen Brand. Dylan Williams was Oaks’ man of the match.

Premier Division

Nicholas Breakspear OB, only with a squad of 11, went down to 10 men with an injury within five minutes and two goals down after 10 minutes (David Keenleyside and Ben Warren) against Skew Bridge but showed character and belief to take the majority of the possession and draw 2-2, thanks to goals by Cain Davey and David Parkinson.

Verulams Arms completed the double over Phoenix by the same 4-2 scoreline. Craig Parratt was Arms star player along with two goals from Jake Parratt, and singles by Glenn Rawlings and Dean Shurtleworth, his first of the season.

Matt Newman scored both London Road’s goals in a 2-1 win against AFC Rangers. Mark Paradise was the pick of the Road team in what was a fine three points.

Division One

Brookmans Park, ravaged with injuries and unavailability, had Danny Clifton in goal for the second week running. He was only beaten twice by Nathan Jackson and Nico Campanella in a decent performance but it was enough for Blackberry Jack to overcome Park 2-1. Grant Noble scored a late consolation for Park.

In a spirited first half, it was Martin Gentleman’s goal that separated the two sides. Early into the second half, Gentleman increased Six Bells’ lead before Bradmore Rovers pulled one back, then pressed the Six Bells’ defence looking for the equaliser but Bells’ defence held firm. Six Bells got their two-goal lead restored when Gentleman turned provider for Zack Wallace who made it 3-1 to Six Bells.

A fine performance by Tommy Hunt plus goals from Harry Hunt and Stephen Marshall saw Oaks share the points in a 2-2 draw against FC Potters Bar

Division Two

Goals from Craig Taylor and Greg Deacon sealed a vital 2-1 win against Skew Bridge Res, in the battle for the Division Two title. George Naismith scored for the Bridge. PSV are now four points behind and two games in-hand.

Wheathampstead Icarus battled hard to gain a point in a 2-2 draw against Phoenix Res. Richard Winchester bagged his second headed goal in three weeks and Nick Wood levelled late with a looping header.

Beaver Travel and Victoria shared the points in a 1-1 draw. Ish Omar scored for Beaver and Mark Pearson for Victoria. Phil Byrne was Victoria’s man of the match.

Insurance Store put in their performance of the season to beat Herts Mauritians 3-1. Liam Errington broke the deadlock, turning a defender and curling the ball into the top corner. But a mistake let Mauritians back in the game.

Substiture Adam Briscoe scored Store’s second before Caesar Da Silva sealed the points from the penalty spot.

Colney Heath Rangers made it three wins on the bounce when defeating Church End 3-2 with goals from Ian Hutchinson, Adam Vennard and Sajjad Rezael Khuy.

Division Four

In the first half Dukes found it hard to break down a resolute Marshalswick defence but went in at half-time 2-1 down with Antony Brown scoring from a floated Jack Johnson free-kick. After the break Dukes reversed the first half score to see out a 3-3 draw. Dukes’ second half goals came from a Marshalswick own goal and Johnson.

Marquis of Granby ended their losing streak with an impressive display against White Horse Res, running out 8-1 winners. Dan Sinclair scored a header and in great form, Ross Dempsey banged in seven. Tom Coates’ display earned him the star man award.

Brookmans Park A team were always in control against Harpenden Colts OBs, going on to win 4-2 with goals from Toby Hanlon, Mike Donkin, Alan Young and Ollie Thomas. Colts goals came from Alex Dennehy and their man of the match Joe Harriman.

Cottonmill’s fine form continued with a 4-1 victory against Vision Res. Two goals from man of the match Nathan Ringel plus Andrew Hammond and Tim Couch singles to keep Mill firmly at the top of the division. Mohammed Bakhti scored for Vision.

Division Five

Jersey Farm caught Redbourn cold with three early goals from some great build up play. Shortly after the break Farm continued to show their class as new striker Luke Tremlett, pictured right, netted five times, Daryl Hall bagged a well-deserved goal and Ross Ashcroft grabbed two for the Jersey side’s biggest win of the season, 9-2.

Ben Hutton and an own goal replied for the Redbourn side who had James Bosley in fine form.

AFC Mymms were involved in a scrappy first half against a determined Bricket Wood. Mymms went in at half-time 2-0 up. It should have been more but for to a fantastic one-handed save from the defender, however it was missed by the referee.

The second period was much better for Mymms as they dominated possession and territory. The result sees four consecutive clean sheets for Mymms.

Greenwood’s good form continued with a comfortable 4-0 win over Camp KBK. Greenwood started well and some good work saw man of the match Nick Fanshaw run on to a through ball and slot home from six yards.

The pressure was starting to tell and Greenwood were awarded a penalty when Joe Smyth was upended in the box. Fanshaw calmly slotted home for his second and Greenwood’s second.

Camp rallied but some solid defending from Ben White and Troy Petchy kept Camp at bay. However Greenwood kept pressing and Matt Thorn ended his goal drought when slotting the ball through the keepers legs.

Greenwood soon made it four when Stuart Dempsey volleyed home from 12 yards.

Herts Athletic continued their fine league form with a 4-0 win over Wheathampstead ‘89 Res.

Ryan McNally received the man of the match following his two goals and Chris Wilding and Josh Stachini added to the tally.