Robinson on the money as St Albans Hockey Club’s fourth team get their first win of the season
- Credit: Archant
The ladies’ fourth team led the way in another busy weekend for St Albans Hockey Club.
A solitary goal from Sara Robinson was enough to give them their first win of the season away to Royston.
The sixths won 4-0 at Saffron Walden, Jess Norris, Georgia Hines, Tara Cairns and Cat Jacques all on target, and the sevenths carried their fine form from last week with a 3-1 success at Shefford & Sandy.
Lucy Schalkwyck, Fiona Coope and Emma Furness were the scorers in that one.
There was a draw for the fifths, 0-0 with Bishop’s Stortford, but the firsts, seconds, thirds and Bodacias all lost out in close games.
Goals from Amy Kokkinos and Molly Hobson had the first team drawing 2-2 at half-time against Hampstead & Westminster but a third goal in the second-half gave the victory to the Londoners.
The seconds lost 4-3 to Sudbury, Annie Barratt getting two and Millie Fleming one.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
The thirds were unlucky not to get anything out of their trip to West Herts, losing 2-1 despite Emily Catlow putting them ahead, and the same score did for the Bodacias against Chiltern, Lou Jackson their scorer.
The men’s first team had a day to forget as they lost 7-0 at London Wayfarers.
St Albans’ youth section is running a half-term hockey camp with sessions delivered by international coach Kwan Browne.
Open for all abilities and ages eight to 17, everyone is welcome with everything COVID-19 secure. A full refund will be given should anyone need to self-isolate or if there’s a lockdown.
More information about the camp can be found at www.stalbanshc.co.uk