Smiles remain among the ladies of St Albans Hockey Club after good performances and results
- Credit: Archant
The first team may have surrendered their unbeaten start to the season but there was still plenty to smile about for St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies.
Missing key defenders Donna Pringle and Lissy Humphris to injury, the firsts lost 2-0 at Southgate, but the thirds and sevenths made up for that.
The threes beat East London with goals by Bex Burton and Annie Barrett, unselfishly set up by Sarah Embrey.
The sevenths also won 2-0 versus Stevenage, with Fi Coope adding another to her own tally and Kerri Madle-Simpson scoring the other.
There were three 1-1 draws elsewhere.
You may also want to watch:
Ann Marie Davenport scored for the seconds at Bishop’s Stortford while the sixths and Bodacias drew against each other, Jess Norris and Sue Hicks the respective scorers.
The fifths had a close game at West Herts, which finished tied after Jasmyn Patmore’s goal and fantastic work by Abigail Crowther in goal.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
The men’s first team lost 5-3 to Old Loughtonians with Adam Jones, Ben Hemsi and Harry Bennett on target.