Smiles remain among the ladies of St Albans Hockey Club after good performances and results
- Credit: Archant
The first team may have surrendered their unbeaten start to the season but there was still plenty to smile about for St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies.
Missing key defenders Donna Pringle and Lissy Humphris to injury, the firsts lost 2-0 at Southgate, but the thirds and sevenths made up for that.
The threes beat East London with goals by Bex Burton and Annie Barrett, unselfishly set up by Sarah Embrey.
The sevenths also won 2-0 versus Stevenage, with Fi Coope adding another to her own tally and Kerri Madle-Simpson scoring the other.
There were three 1-1 draws elsewhere.
Ann Marie Davenport scored for the seconds at Bishop’s Stortford while the sixths and Bodacias drew against each other, Jess Norris and Sue Hicks the respective scorers.
The fifths had a close game at West Herts, which finished tied after Jasmyn Patmore’s goal and fantastic work by Abigail Crowther in goal.
- 1 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Try-happy Cents brings grand final success and leaves coach thrilled
The men’s first team lost 5-3 to Old Loughtonians with Adam Jones, Ben Hemsi and Harry Bennett on target.