St Albans Hockey Club’s masters reach National Cup final
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s over 45s finally got their long-awaited National Cup semi-final played – and it was definitely worth the wait.
Despite not playing as a team for six months, the ladies quickly gelled and some fine attacking hockey took them to a 3-0 victory at Timperley.
The first goal came from a well-worked short corner after just four minutes, Ann-Marie Davenport calmly slotting the ball past the goalkeeper.
It quickly settled any nerves and they doubled their lead on 18 minutes with a free-flowing goal, Alyson Lord with the final clinical pass across to Jenny Birch to score.
The Mancunian hosts had chances of their own but Dawn Forshaw in goal had a particularly good game.
You may also want to watch:
And the match was put to bed once and for all in the 64th minute when a pass across the circle from Sarah Embrey found Sian Ireland at the back post.
The final is on Sunday at Nottingham Hockey Centre.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district