All invited as St Albans Hockey Club hope for a bumper turnout for their open days
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club are throwing open their doors this weekend to adults and children alike who have ever thought about playing the game.
Saturday will see the adults take to the Oaklands College pitches while Sunday is the turn of the juniors.
The club was home to Rio 2016 Olympic gold medallist Hannah McLeod but all talents, abilities and ages are welcome to come along.
A club spokeswoman said: “If you’ve never played hockey or would like to return to hockey, the open day at St Albans Hockey Club on Saturday.
“It is a great opportunity to meet members from all sections of the club, play a bit, get an idea of where within the club you’d like to play and check out some first-team action.”
You may also want to watch:
Both the ladies and men will be in action from 1pm with the ladies taking on Harleston Magpies while the men face Milton Keynes.
Before that though there will be a back to hockey and parents match from 9.15am followed by ladies and men’s seven-a-side friendly matches.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 10 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
A barbecue at 12pm will provide sustenance for the activities.
The invitation is open for anyone at any time during the day.