All invited as St Albans Hockey Club hope for a bumper turnout for their open days
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club are throwing open their doors this weekend to adults and children alike who have ever thought about playing the game.
Saturday will see the adults take to the Oaklands College pitches while Sunday is the turn of the juniors.
The club was home to Rio 2016 Olympic gold medallist Hannah McLeod but all talents, abilities and ages are welcome to come along.
A club spokeswoman said: “If you’ve never played hockey or would like to return to hockey, the open day at St Albans Hockey Club on Saturday.
“It is a great opportunity to meet members from all sections of the club, play a bit, get an idea of where within the club you’d like to play and check out some first-team action.”
You may also want to watch:
Both the ladies and men will be in action from 1pm with the ladies taking on Harleston Magpies while the men face Milton Keynes.
Before that though there will be a back to hockey and parents match from 9.15am followed by ladies and men’s seven-a-side friendly matches.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
A barbecue at 12pm will provide sustenance for the activities.
The invitation is open for anyone at any time during the day.