All invited as St Albans Hockey Club hope for a bumper turnout for their open days
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club are throwing open their doors this weekend to adults and children alike who have ever thought about playing the game.
Saturday will see the adults take to the Oaklands College pitches while Sunday is the turn of the juniors.
The club was home to Rio 2016 Olympic gold medallist Hannah McLeod but all talents, abilities and ages are welcome to come along.
A club spokeswoman said: “If you’ve never played hockey or would like to return to hockey, the open day at St Albans Hockey Club on Saturday.
“It is a great opportunity to meet members from all sections of the club, play a bit, get an idea of where within the club you’d like to play and check out some first-team action.”
Both the ladies and men will be in action from 1pm with the ladies taking on Harleston Magpies while the men face Milton Keynes.
Before that though there will be a back to hockey and parents match from 9.15am followed by ladies and men’s seven-a-side friendly matches.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 7 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 8 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 9 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
A barbecue at 12pm will provide sustenance for the activities.
The invitation is open for anyone at any time during the day.