Perfect start continues for the ladies of St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies continued with their positive start to the new hockey season with a successful trip to Chelmsford.
Sammie Archer-Overall scored for the second week running with her goal proving decisive in a 1-0 win and continuing the team’s perfect start in the Women’s Hockey League Conference East.
The thirds had a shaky start at Wapping and conceded early on, but first-half goals from Bex Burton, Sarah Embrey and Annie Barrett gave them the victory.
The seconds and the Bodacias both drew 1-1, Katy Hart and Mary Oswin the respective scorers, but despite Jasmin Patmore’s goal, the fifths lost 3-1 to Leighton Buzzard.
Elsewhere, the sixths took part in an 11-goal thriller but unfortunately lost 7-4. Delaney Jones scored a brace, with Jess Norris and Georgia Hines also netting.
You may also want to watch:
The fourths lost 4-0 and the sevenths went down 5-1 with Fiona Coope scoring.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25