St Albans Hockey Club hosting bumper weekend
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club is hosting three days of activities at Oaklands College this weekend.
From 11.30am on Saturday and 10am on Sunday, the club’s adjacent pitches will host the East of England’s premier pre-season PLUM tournament.
Two days of intense competition will involve 14 men’s and women’s elite teams in action on each day, from clubs near and far. At the helm for SAHC are ladies’ and men’s head coaches, England and GB player Hannah Macleod and local hockey hero and England and GB manager Andy Halliday.
After a summer of preparation and recruitment, Macleod and Halliday are joined for the new season by new coaches and players throughout the club, together with development officers, college and schools ambassadors.
The weekend also sees SAHC’s open-door trials and social events, as new and current players of all ages and levels are welcomed to Oaklands.
You may also want to watch:
From 6pm on Friday there is an open session for all juniors (Years 7-12), followed by senior men’s trials at 7.30pm. A BBQ and party in the clubroom will end the evening.
On Saturday at 9am, parallel pitches in use for open sessions for younger colts (Years 1-6) and the senior ladies’ trials.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills