St Albans Hockey Club hosting bumper weekend
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club is hosting three days of activities at Oaklands College this weekend.
From 11.30am on Saturday and 10am on Sunday, the club’s adjacent pitches will host the East of England’s premier pre-season PLUM tournament.
Two days of intense competition will involve 14 men’s and women’s elite teams in action on each day, from clubs near and far. At the helm for SAHC are ladies’ and men’s head coaches, England and GB player Hannah Macleod and local hockey hero and England and GB manager Andy Halliday.
After a summer of preparation and recruitment, Macleod and Halliday are joined for the new season by new coaches and players throughout the club, together with development officers, college and schools ambassadors.
The weekend also sees SAHC’s open-door trials and social events, as new and current players of all ages and levels are welcomed to Oaklands.
You may also want to watch:
From 6pm on Friday there is an open session for all juniors (Years 7-12), followed by senior men’s trials at 7.30pm. A BBQ and party in the clubroom will end the evening.
On Saturday at 9am, parallel pitches in use for open sessions for younger colts (Years 1-6) and the senior ladies’ trials.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans