St Albans Hockey Club battle to fourth at Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club had a surprising but enjoyable run to the National Mixed Finale Competition – and were delighted with a final position of fourth.
The event was held at the home of hockey in the UK, Lee Valley Hockey & Tennis Centre.
A tough draw meant a 9.30am push back against Repton, who had an average age 10 years younger than Saints, and against a host of talent they succumbed to a 7-1 loss.
It meant another 9.30am start in the third/fourth play-off against Lindum.
Alexis Hamilton levelled with a lob after an early goal against and Matt Street broke away to square for Arman Islam to narrow the gap to 3-2 early in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Two further goals gave Lindum a 5-2 win but regardless of the results, the squad enjoyed their run in the plate and the opportunity to play on the Olympic pitches.
And they have vowed to be back stronger next year.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school