St Albans Hockey Club back on the national cup trail
- Credit: Archant
A hat-trick from Sarah Embrey helped St Albans Hockey Club Ladies Vets into the third round of a national cup competition.
The 5-0 England Masters Cup win over Chelmsford propels the Tangerines one step closer to emulating their run to the semi-finals last year.
Miche Bloch and Anne-Marie Davenport scored the others in a dominant win.
They will face Bedford ladies in the next round.
Goals by Ellie Watton and Emma O’Nein gave the first team a 2-2 draw with Hampstead and Westminster in their Investec Women’s Conference East fixture.
You may also want to watch:
The 2nd team had to come from behind to defeat Harleston Magpies, Lou Akers and Fiona Nekeman sealing a 2-1 win.
In the men’s section the 1st team played twice, drawing 3-3 with City of Peterborough on Saturday thanks to goals from James Champion, Alex Spencer and Matt Davey, before recording a fine 2-1 win against Cambridge University on Sunday.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Goals from Dave Williams and Mark Iowden sends the squad three points clear at the top of the East of England Premier League.
The 3rds beat Tulse Hill 1-0, the 5ths drew 2-2 with Stevenage and the 7ths beat Cheshunt 3-0.