St Albans Hockey Club back on the national cup trail
- Credit: Archant
A hat-trick from Sarah Embrey helped St Albans Hockey Club Ladies Vets into the third round of a national cup competition.
The 5-0 England Masters Cup win over Chelmsford propels the Tangerines one step closer to emulating their run to the semi-finals last year.
Miche Bloch and Anne-Marie Davenport scored the others in a dominant win.
They will face Bedford ladies in the next round.
Goals by Ellie Watton and Emma O’Nein gave the first team a 2-2 draw with Hampstead and Westminster in their Investec Women’s Conference East fixture.
You may also want to watch:
The 2nd team had to come from behind to defeat Harleston Magpies, Lou Akers and Fiona Nekeman sealing a 2-1 win.
In the men’s section the 1st team played twice, drawing 3-3 with City of Peterborough on Saturday thanks to goals from James Champion, Alex Spencer and Matt Davey, before recording a fine 2-1 win against Cambridge University on Sunday.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Goals from Dave Williams and Mark Iowden sends the squad three points clear at the top of the East of England Premier League.
The 3rds beat Tulse Hill 1-0, the 5ths drew 2-2 with Stevenage and the 7ths beat Cheshunt 3-0.