St Albans Hockey Club back on the national cup trail
- Credit: Archant
A hat-trick from Sarah Embrey helped St Albans Hockey Club Ladies Vets into the third round of a national cup competition.
The 5-0 England Masters Cup win over Chelmsford propels the Tangerines one step closer to emulating their run to the semi-finals last year.
Miche Bloch and Anne-Marie Davenport scored the others in a dominant win.
They will face Bedford ladies in the next round.
Goals by Ellie Watton and Emma O’Nein gave the first team a 2-2 draw with Hampstead and Westminster in their Investec Women’s Conference East fixture.
The 2nd team had to come from behind to defeat Harleston Magpies, Lou Akers and Fiona Nekeman sealing a 2-1 win.
In the men’s section the 1st team played twice, drawing 3-3 with City of Peterborough on Saturday thanks to goals from James Champion, Alex Spencer and Matt Davey, before recording a fine 2-1 win against Cambridge University on Sunday.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 5 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 6 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 7 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
Goals from Dave Williams and Mark Iowden sends the squad three points clear at the top of the East of England Premier League.
The 3rds beat Tulse Hill 1-0, the 5ths drew 2-2 with Stevenage and the 7ths beat Cheshunt 3-0.