St Albans hit rock bottom after Oxford City defeat
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City were dumped to the foot of the Vanarama National League South after a 4-1 defeat away to Oxford City.
The day had started perfectly with Charlie Macdonald grabbing a debut goal in the first minute.
And they kept high-flying Oxford at bay to half-time.
But four goals in a 15 minutes spell in the third quarter turned the game on its head.
Ben Bubb levelled six minutes into the half and Darren Pond put the hosts in front on the hour.
You may also want to watch:
And six minutes after that the game was over, Conor McDonagh and Marlon Jackson finding the net.
Basingstoke Town had started the day in the basement and despite losing 1-0 to Havant & Waterlooville, goal difference drops City down a spot.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
Saints are just three points from Weston-super-Mare and safety but the Somerset side have played three games less.
St Albans are next in action next Saturday at home to seventh-placed Truro City.