Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set
- Credit: GREG TOTH
The St Albans Half Marathon is set to go ahead in 2021 after the long-term future of the event was secured.
Active Training World will organise and deliver the 13.1 mile run, scheduled for June 13, after a difficult year in 2020.
Martin Day will be the race director and the move allows its charitable work to continue.
He said: "After several years of organising the event, it’s a privilege to be joining the dynamic ATW team and being involved with a wider portfolio of events including major triathlons and duathlons."
ATW's managing director James Shipley added: "The race is a real highlight on the running calendar for Hertfordshire runners and their clubs, bringing together the whole community with a range of races to make running accessible for all ages and abilities.
"Martin joining our team will provide a wealth of experience and knowledge to ensure the ongoing high-quality of the event."
Trustee Katie Foweraker, said: “We look forward to seeing the event develop in future years and continue to raise funds for charitable causes.”
To enter the 2021 race, go to activetrainingworld.co.uk/project/st-albans-half-marathon-5k-13th-june-2021/
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden