Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set
- Credit: GREG TOTH
The St Albans Half Marathon is set to go ahead in 2021 after the long-term future of the event was secured.
Active Training World will organise and deliver the 13.1 mile run, scheduled for June 13, after a difficult year in 2020.
Martin Day will be the race director and the move allows its charitable work to continue.
He said: "After several years of organising the event, it’s a privilege to be joining the dynamic ATW team and being involved with a wider portfolio of events including major triathlons and duathlons."
ATW's managing director James Shipley added: "The race is a real highlight on the running calendar for Hertfordshire runners and their clubs, bringing together the whole community with a range of races to make running accessible for all ages and abilities.
"Martin joining our team will provide a wealth of experience and knowledge to ensure the ongoing high-quality of the event."
Trustee Katie Foweraker, said: “We look forward to seeing the event develop in future years and continue to raise funds for charitable causes.”
To enter the 2021 race, go to activetrainingworld.co.uk/project/st-albans-half-marathon-5k-13th-june-2021/
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 6 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 7 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 8 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 9 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire