Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set
- Credit: GREG TOTH
The St Albans Half Marathon is set to go ahead in 2021 after the long-term future of the event was secured.
Active Training World will organise and deliver the 13.1 mile run, scheduled for June 13, after a difficult year in 2020.
Martin Day will be the race director and the move allows its charitable work to continue.
He said: "After several years of organising the event, it’s a privilege to be joining the dynamic ATW team and being involved with a wider portfolio of events including major triathlons and duathlons."
ATW's managing director James Shipley added: "The race is a real highlight on the running calendar for Hertfordshire runners and their clubs, bringing together the whole community with a range of races to make running accessible for all ages and abilities.
"Martin joining our team will provide a wealth of experience and knowledge to ensure the ongoing high-quality of the event."
Trustee Katie Foweraker, said: “We look forward to seeing the event develop in future years and continue to raise funds for charitable causes.”
To enter the 2021 race, go to activetrainingworld.co.uk/project/st-albans-half-marathon-5k-13th-june-2021/
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 3 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 4 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 5 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 The Snow Must Go On: More pics of St Albans in the snow
- 8 Claw enforcement: How to stop your cat scratching furniture and leaving fur everywhere
- 9 Bishop wages war on sports gambling
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?