St Albans getting set for Festival of Sport
- Credit: Archant
Places are still available at the St Albans Festival of Sport, which takes place at Verulamium Park on Sunday, September 17.
The multi-sport event will include triathlons, aquathlons, duathlons, cycle events, 5k and 10k runs, as well as a Scootathon and duathlon for children.
There will also be free events for younger children, such as Gaga Ball, parachute games, tug of war and Zoom Ball to name a few.
Last year’s event attracted hundreds of participants and Deputy Mayor Jamie Day will attend and officiate at the prize-giving ceremony.
“I’m very much looking forward to attending the St Albans Festival of Sport,” said Cllr Day.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the third year and it has gone from strength to strength and become a firm fixture in St Albans sporting diary.
“I would encourage everyone to come out and take part in it or to enjoy the festival.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
Event director Gifty Enright added: “We are really exited about the Festival of Sport in St Albans. Hundreds of competitors have signed up for the events, so it’s sure to be a great success again.
“There will be events for every member of the family from toddlers to grandparents, as well as a Sports Village and entertainments for spectators and supporters.
“Despite the high take-up of places there are still some spaces some events. We are particularly encouraged by the number of parents who are entering their budding Olympians in our children’s events.
“But places are going fast, so we would encourage people to grab their place now. ”
Lesley Garner, general manager at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, said: “The Everyone Active team at Westminster Lodge are very excited to be part of this fantastic event.
“We welcome so many families into our facility and I know that the Festival of Sport will be supported whole heartedly by our members and the residents of St Albans.
“There is something for everyone, and a great starting point for people that have never competed in any way before. We are looking forward to supporting the event and being part of the city’s Festival of Sport.”
For more information and to enter go to the website herculesevents.com.