St Albans getting set for Festival of Sport
- Credit: Archant
Places are still available at the St Albans Festival of Sport, which takes place at Verulamium Park on Sunday, September 17.
The multi-sport event will include triathlons, aquathlons, duathlons, cycle events, 5k and 10k runs, as well as a Scootathon and duathlon for children.
There will also be free events for younger children, such as Gaga Ball, parachute games, tug of war and Zoom Ball to name a few.
Last year’s event attracted hundreds of participants and Deputy Mayor Jamie Day will attend and officiate at the prize-giving ceremony.
“I’m very much looking forward to attending the St Albans Festival of Sport,” said Cllr Day.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the third year and it has gone from strength to strength and become a firm fixture in St Albans sporting diary.
“I would encourage everyone to come out and take part in it or to enjoy the festival.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
Event director Gifty Enright added: “We are really exited about the Festival of Sport in St Albans. Hundreds of competitors have signed up for the events, so it’s sure to be a great success again.
“There will be events for every member of the family from toddlers to grandparents, as well as a Sports Village and entertainments for spectators and supporters.
“Despite the high take-up of places there are still some spaces some events. We are particularly encouraged by the number of parents who are entering their budding Olympians in our children’s events.
“But places are going fast, so we would encourage people to grab their place now. ”
Lesley Garner, general manager at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, said: “The Everyone Active team at Westminster Lodge are very excited to be part of this fantastic event.
“We welcome so many families into our facility and I know that the Festival of Sport will be supported whole heartedly by our members and the residents of St Albans.
“There is something for everyone, and a great starting point for people that have never competed in any way before. We are looking forward to supporting the event and being part of the city’s Festival of Sport.”
For more information and to enter go to the website herculesevents.com.