St Albans lack fluency but get the job done against UCS Old Boys
- Credit: Archant
St Albans had a close and hard-fought game on their return to league action as they battled to a tight 13-6 win over UCS Old Boys.
The Herts Middlesex Division One clash wasn’t a spectacle but more of an erratic match with both sides struggling to find fluency.
Saints had made several changes in their pack and lacked the authority that has been evident in recent weeks.
Their back line did look threatening though and it was a pity that they did not see more of the ball, as this was where Saints appeared to have the advantage.
George Elliott scored all the home side’s points with a try and conversion plus two penalties, one from over 40 yards out.
You may also want to watch:
It was credit to Saints that they restricted UCSOB to just two penalties and were resolute in defence, showing a real determination in keeping the visitors out.
Saints, who are now up to third, are next in action on December 1 when they travel to Barnet Elizabethans.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears