St Albans back in winning form after Wasps success
- Credit: Archant
St Albans ended their mini slump of two defeats in Herts Middlesex Division One with a comfortable 34-3 success at home to Wasps.
They got the perfect start too when quick movement of the ball down through the backs ended with Fraser Morris outstripping the defence for an unconverted try on three minutes.
They couldn't capitalise on that though and by half-time their advantage was only 12-3, Wasps having kicked a penalty before Syd Noad picked up from the back of a five-metre scrum and crashed over, George Elliott adding the extras.
Wasps could have added another three points moments after the restart but from there it was one-way traffic.
Tony Stevenson got the first Saints try of the second period and the skipper got the last one too.
You may also want to watch:
In between Adam Jasinski and Elliott also scored with the fly-half adding a conversion to his own score.
Saints are now back up to second in the table ahead of Barnet Elizabethans.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism