St Albans florists’ mark Olympic Torch Relay
SUPPORT for this weekend’s torch relay through St Albans is blossoming, with a local businesswoman showing that when it comes to floral tributes, she packs flower power.
Donna Roche, manager of Florabunda, has used the medium of vegetation to express her backing of torchbearers and to welcome the thousands expected to line streets through the centre of St Albans on Sunday.
She explained that the florist shop on Hatfield Road, part of the relay route, had created Olympic-style torches with candlesticks, lilies, gerberas, shamrock and chrysanths.
There is also a GB sign, made from bear grass, conifer foliage and salal leaves painted in Union Jack colours.
At the bottom of the window display are cupcake cases filled with miniature red, white and blue flower arrangements.
You may also want to watch:
Donna said: “It’s bit like Blue Peter really.”
She will watch the relay along Hatfield Road from the top of the shop.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly