St Albans florists’ mark Olympic Torch Relay
SUPPORT for this weekend’s torch relay through St Albans is blossoming, with a local businesswoman showing that when it comes to floral tributes, she packs flower power.
Donna Roche, manager of Florabunda, has used the medium of vegetation to express her backing of torchbearers and to welcome the thousands expected to line streets through the centre of St Albans on Sunday.
She explained that the florist shop on Hatfield Road, part of the relay route, had created Olympic-style torches with candlesticks, lilies, gerberas, shamrock and chrysanths.
There is also a GB sign, made from bear grass, conifer foliage and salal leaves painted in Union Jack colours.
At the bottom of the window display are cupcake cases filled with miniature red, white and blue flower arrangements.
You may also want to watch:
Donna said: “It’s bit like Blue Peter really.”
She will watch the relay along Hatfield Road from the top of the shop.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25