Fifth St Albans Festival of Sport yet another resounding success
- Credit: Archant
Almost a thousand people took part in various events as the St Albans Festival of Sport was hailed a resounding success.
Held around Westminster Lodge and Verulamium Park athletes of all ages competed in triathlons, duathlons and aquathlons with children getting involved with a Scootathon.
Mother and daughter triathlon competitors, Elizabeth and Emi Grover, said: "It was a well-organised fun event with lots of different people taking part. Triathlon is for everybody, not just the elite."
Lesley Garner, general manager at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, said: "We are pleased that the Festival of Sport continues to support and encourage participation in sport in St Albans and across Hertfordshire."
Gifty Enright, director of organisers Hercules Events added: "Residents came out to watch elite and amateur athletes and to cheer on family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
"We were particularly delighted that so many children took part."
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans