Fifth St Albans Festival of Sport yet another resounding success
- Credit: Archant
Almost a thousand people took part in various events as the St Albans Festival of Sport was hailed a resounding success.
Held around Westminster Lodge and Verulamium Park athletes of all ages competed in triathlons, duathlons and aquathlons with children getting involved with a Scootathon.
Mother and daughter triathlon competitors, Elizabeth and Emi Grover, said: "It was a well-organised fun event with lots of different people taking part. Triathlon is for everybody, not just the elite."
Lesley Garner, general manager at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, said: "We are pleased that the Festival of Sport continues to support and encourage participation in sport in St Albans and across Hertfordshire."
Gifty Enright, director of organisers Hercules Events added: "Residents came out to watch elite and amateur athletes and to cheer on family and friends.
"We were particularly delighted that so many children took part."
- 1 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 5 Where and when can you see Santa's float in Harpenden?
- 7 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy
- 8 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 9 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 10 1,000 new homes planned next to village