St Albans fans aim for 92 football grounds in 92 hours
A FOOTBALL fanatic is visiting all 92 Footbal League stadiums in 92 hours this April to raise money for the St Albans-based club his son plays for.
Matthew Bigg, who lives on the Verulam Estate, will be accompanied on the road trip by his father Colin and friends Simon Dickerson and Kris Babb.
Their journey begins at Watford FC at 9am on April 27, and after visiting each club in the country they aim to finish at Brighton and Hove Albion’s ground at 3pm on April 30 – in time for the kick off of their match against Huddersfield.
The fundraising effort is in aid of Harvesters FC, the club Matthew’s eight-year old son Alfie plays for. Matthew said: “This is about supporting grass roots football. Harvester’s is becoming a hotbed of some great footballing talent, but in these difficult times we need some extra help to keep up the good work the club has worked so hard for since the early days.”
The club provides football for over 400 boys and girls, and for over five years has run a project that supports children with learning disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
Youth team manager Ted Moody, added: “We are very grateful for his help and hope the youngsters of every ability who play here so enthusiastically will benefit from this great effort in whatever way we can provide.”
Earlier this year Harpenden resident Tom Dickinson released 92 Pies, a book which charted his journey to see a game (and eat a pie) at every ground across the country in one season. The trek saw him watch 138 hours of football, travel across 3,000 miles and cost him over �3,000.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'