St Albans drawn away in FA Cup second qualifying round
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will start this season’s FA Cup campaign with a trip to Norfolk following the draw for the second qualifying round.
Saints will face Dereham Town of the Ryman League Division One North on Saturday, September 17.
The Magpies reached this stage with a 2-1 win over Holbeach United in the previous round, while St Albans have been exempt until now.
They will hope to continue their good start to their Vanarama National League South season which has seen them in the upper reaches of the table.
City made the first round proper last year, losing to Grimsby Town, now of League Two.
The winners in the second qualifying round will receive £4,500 from the FA prize fund.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80