St Albans drawn away in FA Cup second qualifying round
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will start this season’s FA Cup campaign with a trip to Norfolk following the draw for the second qualifying round.
Saints will face Dereham Town of the Ryman League Division One North on Saturday, September 17.
The Magpies reached this stage with a 2-1 win over Holbeach United in the previous round, while St Albans have been exempt until now.
They will hope to continue their good start to their Vanarama National League South season which has seen them in the upper reaches of the table.
City made the first round proper last year, losing to Grimsby Town, now of League Two.
You may also want to watch:
The winners in the second qualifying round will receive £4,500 from the FA prize fund.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner