St Albans drawn away in FA Cup second qualifying round
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will start this season’s FA Cup campaign with a trip to Norfolk following the draw for the second qualifying round.
Saints will face Dereham Town of the Ryman League Division One North on Saturday, September 17.
The Magpies reached this stage with a 2-1 win over Holbeach United in the previous round, while St Albans have been exempt until now.
They will hope to continue their good start to their Vanarama National League South season which has seen them in the upper reaches of the table.
City made the first round proper last year, losing to Grimsby Town, now of League Two.
You may also want to watch:
The winners in the second qualifying round will receive £4,500 from the FA prize fund.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan