As you were as St Albans Ladies and Hemel Hempstead Town draw in battle of top two
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies and Hemel Hempstead Town had to be content with a point as the battle between the top two in Beds & Herts Division One ended in a 2-2 draw.
The result means Hemel remain top but the Lady Saints are only three points behind and with a game in hand.
And it was St Albans who bagged the first goal after a bright opening.
Holly Williams put the Hemel defence under pressure after the ball was played into the box by Ellie Lovelock and that caused defence and goalkeeper to get in a muddle allowing Kayla Johnson the chance to fire home.
Hemel responded with two quick goals, the first from Kayleigh Baker and the second from Natasha McConville, but St Albans drew level after Johnson thumped in an Ellen Salter cross.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was a much quieter affair with few chances and Saints will look to continue their challenge at home to Letchworth Eagles on Sunday.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?