St Albans dog’s joy over Euros defeat
WHEN England lost out during the quarter final shootout in its Euro 2012 match against Italy on Sunday, Ted the Border terrier of St Albans nearly howled with delight.
Not that the pooch isn’t in to sport; it’s just that he is fed up with football according to owner Sam Jacobs, who sent the Herts Advertiser this photo of Ted showing his “thank God it’s all over” look.
Sam said that while watching Euro 2012 on TV the normally laid-back Ted, “goes on the settee and puts his head down, especially if we are cheering, as if to say ‘I hate football’.”
However Ted is known for putting on an act, as some St Albans residents might recognise the pet as Toto in the Wizard of Oz show at the Alban Arena 10 years ago.
Sam said Ted, who favours rom-coms, has been “resting” from acting ever since.
You may also want to watch:
The saying about letting sleeping dogs lie is probably appropriate for Ted, especially during the footie!
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests