St Albans District Primary Schools’ swimmers claim back-to-back titles
- Credit: Archant
St Albans district school swimmers have achieved a double in 2018 – with the primary schools’ team following the secondary squad in winning back-to-back Hertfordshire Championships.
The primary team produced an outstanding display at the Woodside pool in Watford.
The St Albans team, comprising the best 32 Year 5 and 6 students, edged out Watford by six points to win the Rosebowl trophy.
The Year 5 Boys’ and Year 6 Girls’ teams won trophy’s with the Year 6 Boys’ a close second to Watford.
There were four golds, William Fawcett (Y5 free), Cub Maddison (Y6 breast), Yasmin Meadows (Y6 breast) and Phoebe Gill (Y6 back).
You may also want to watch:
The team also achieved won a number of the relays.
Team Manager Andrew Ellis said: “The team were neck and neck with Watford right through the gala but never gave up and secured a very exciting win in the last few races.”
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure