St Albans District Primary Schools’ swimmers claim back-to-back titles
- Credit: Archant
St Albans district school swimmers have achieved a double in 2018 – with the primary schools’ team following the secondary squad in winning back-to-back Hertfordshire Championships.
The primary team produced an outstanding display at the Woodside pool in Watford.
The St Albans team, comprising the best 32 Year 5 and 6 students, edged out Watford by six points to win the Rosebowl trophy.
The Year 5 Boys’ and Year 6 Girls’ teams won trophy’s with the Year 6 Boys’ a close second to Watford.
There were four golds, William Fawcett (Y5 free), Cub Maddison (Y6 breast), Yasmin Meadows (Y6 breast) and Phoebe Gill (Y6 back).
You may also want to watch:
The team also achieved won a number of the relays.
Team Manager Andrew Ellis said: “The team were neck and neck with Watford right through the gala but never gave up and secured a very exciting win in the last few races.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts