St Albans denied by Harry Kewell’s Watford – pictures
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City continued their pre-season preparations at a sun-kissed Clarence Park on Saturday – with Watford the opposition.
The game ended in a 0-0 draw as neither side could find the killer touch.
Sam Merson, son of Arsenal legend Paul, made his City debut coming on as a second-half substitute.
Photgrapher Bob Walkley was on hand to capture the action.
Next up for Saints is a trip to Biggleswade Town tomorrow (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
Their last pre-season game at Clarence Park takes place on Saturday with Ian Allinson’s former club Boreham Wood the visitors.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans