St Albans Croquet Club looking to improve again after successful season last time out
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Croquet Club are hoping to repeat their success of last year as they gear up for the new season.
The Clarence Park-based club won both the Beds & Herts League and the East Anglian Croquet Federation’s Chairman Cup last time out.
All that means they will be the Eastern Region’s representatives in this year’s Croquet Association Secretary’s Shield with the first round match against York.
The club, which has an active programme of both social and competitive matches through the season, are running an introductory course on Thursday evenings from 6.30pm to 8pm, starting on May 2.
Croquet is a game of strategy and skill and while sociable, it can still be competitive.
You may also want to watch:
It can be played by people of all ages and abilities with men and women playing on equal terms.
In addition they are also holding an open afternoon on May 12 and a charity competition in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society later this month.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
For more information call 01727 822 252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively go to www.stalbanscroquet.co.uk