St Albans Croquet Club looking to improve again after successful season last time out
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Croquet Club are hoping to repeat their success of last year as they gear up for the new season.
The Clarence Park-based club won both the Beds & Herts League and the East Anglian Croquet Federation’s Chairman Cup last time out.
All that means they will be the Eastern Region’s representatives in this year’s Croquet Association Secretary’s Shield with the first round match against York.
The club, which has an active programme of both social and competitive matches through the season, are running an introductory course on Thursday evenings from 6.30pm to 8pm, starting on May 2.
Croquet is a game of strategy and skill and while sociable, it can still be competitive.
You may also want to watch:
It can be played by people of all ages and abilities with men and women playing on equal terms.
In addition they are also holding an open afternoon on May 12 and a charity competition in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society later this month.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
For more information call 01727 822 252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively go to www.stalbanscroquet.co.uk