St Albans Croquet Club looking to improve again after successful season last time out
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Croquet Club are hoping to repeat their success of last year as they gear up for the new season.
The Clarence Park-based club won both the Beds & Herts League and the East Anglian Croquet Federation’s Chairman Cup last time out.
All that means they will be the Eastern Region’s representatives in this year’s Croquet Association Secretary’s Shield with the first round match against York.
The club, which has an active programme of both social and competitive matches through the season, are running an introductory course on Thursday evenings from 6.30pm to 8pm, starting on May 2.
Croquet is a game of strategy and skill and while sociable, it can still be competitive.
It can be played by people of all ages and abilities with men and women playing on equal terms.
In addition they are also holding an open afternoon on May 12 and a charity competition in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society later this month.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
For more information call 01727 822 252 or email email@example.com. Alternatively go to www.stalbanscroquet.co.uk