St Albans Croquet Club continue charge towards national success
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Croquet Club continued their unbeaten run with progression to two national finals.
Having won the Herts & Beds League, Saints secured victory in the quarter-final of the Longman Cup, to progress to the finals weekend next month, and the semi-final of the Secretary's Shield.
After victories over East Dorset and Bath, the team of Chris Frost, Stephen Mills, Roger Bowman and Stuart Stafford disposed of Guildford with a 7-0 success at Wrest Park in the Longman Cup.
That involved wins in all singles and doubles matches.
It was a much closer affair in the Secretary's Shield for the quartet of Mills, Stafford, Jon Palin and Geoff Morrison at Kington Langley in Wiltshire.
You may also want to watch:
The contest could have gone either way but Morrison took the vital point for a 4-3 win.
That sets up a clash with Chester as St Albans look to win the shield for the first time since 2000.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall