St Albans claim opening win in style
- Credit: Archant
St Albans claimed their first win of the new season with a comfortable 38-11 victory over Finchley.
Despite eight enforced team changes, Saints proved more than a match for the visitors, scoring six tries to one.
It was a sound team performance which saw St Albans grow in confidence as the game progressed.
The team played with a cohesion and purpose that allowed them demonstrate their attacking abilities, with Ollie Fountain making a welcome league debut at centre, scoring a try and adding four conversions.
Other scores came from Jake Mounsdon, Jordon Cox, Jack Middleton, Joe Pleece and Ed Mason, but it was a solid team effort that produced this morale boosting win.
You may also want to watch:
Next week Saints face a stern test when they welcome unbeaten Hackney RFC to Boggymead.
Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star