St Albans claim opening win in style
- Credit: Archant
St Albans claimed their first win of the new season with a comfortable 38-11 victory over Finchley.
Despite eight enforced team changes, Saints proved more than a match for the visitors, scoring six tries to one.
It was a sound team performance which saw St Albans grow in confidence as the game progressed.
The team played with a cohesion and purpose that allowed them demonstrate their attacking abilities, with Ollie Fountain making a welcome league debut at centre, scoring a try and adding four conversions.
Other scores came from Jake Mounsdon, Jordon Cox, Jack Middleton, Joe Pleece and Ed Mason, but it was a solid team effort that produced this morale boosting win.
You may also want to watch:
Next week Saints face a stern test when they welcome unbeaten Hackney RFC to Boggymead.
Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk