St Albans City Youth win Anglo Dutch tournament
- Credit: Archant
ST ALBANS CITY Youth U14 South were crowned champions at the Anglo Dutch biannual event
The team played a day long tournament in London Colney with 10 teams taking part in the tournament by St Albans Rangers.
In the group stages City beat Dutch team Zelos B 7-0 with goals from xaptain Harry Newman-Booth, Tom Ruane (two), Ollie Astley and a fine hat-trick from Charlie Stubbs.
Next followed a close 2-1 win against Zelos A team with goals from Ruane and Astley; and a 0-0 draw against St Albans Rangers Blue.
City Youth went through to play group two winners, St Albans Rangers U13s, in the final, which was a close and exciting game. City won 2-1 with goals from Billy Lawrence and Luke Winks.
You may also want to watch:
Harry Newman-Booth collected a handsome trophy, which the team had also won two years previously.
The squad was: Ollie Astley; Finlay Auld; Matthew Doherty; Kyle Harris; Callum Jackson; Billy Lawrence; Nathan Longmore; James Nasah; Harry Newman-Booth; Pablo Perez-Equilez; Tom Ruane; Chris Salmons; Charlie Stubbs; Tom Turner; Luke Winks.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season