St Albans City Youth win Anglo Dutch tournament
- Credit: Archant
ST ALBANS CITY Youth U14 South were crowned champions at the Anglo Dutch biannual event
The team played a day long tournament in London Colney with 10 teams taking part in the tournament by St Albans Rangers.
In the group stages City beat Dutch team Zelos B 7-0 with goals from xaptain Harry Newman-Booth, Tom Ruane (two), Ollie Astley and a fine hat-trick from Charlie Stubbs.
Next followed a close 2-1 win against Zelos A team with goals from Ruane and Astley; and a 0-0 draw against St Albans Rangers Blue.
City Youth went through to play group two winners, St Albans Rangers U13s, in the final, which was a close and exciting game. City won 2-1 with goals from Billy Lawrence and Luke Winks.
You may also want to watch:
Harry Newman-Booth collected a handsome trophy, which the team had also won two years previously.
The squad was: Ollie Astley; Finlay Auld; Matthew Doherty; Kyle Harris; Callum Jackson; Billy Lawrence; Nathan Longmore; James Nasah; Harry Newman-Booth; Pablo Perez-Equilez; Tom Ruane; Chris Salmons; Charlie Stubbs; Tom Turner; Luke Winks.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 8 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church