Doubles for Glowacki and Stone give St Albans City Youth U9 West a great cup win
- Credit: Archant
Two goals from both Michal Glowacki and Will Stone gave St Albans City Youth U9 West the trophy in the Mid Herts Rural Minors League Emerald Division Cup final.
Their goals meant a 4-1 win over Potters Bar Black.
Glowacki opened the scoring inside two minutes after a superb pass from Ben Burt and they doubled their lead 10 minutes later when he turned provider for Stone to tap the ball home.
Bar pulled one back from the penalty spot before the break but in the second period the young Saints came out stronger.
Glowacki got their third and his second following a throw-in from Jack Burke and after this goal, Potters Bar gradually lost confidence.
You may also want to watch:
And the young Saints put the game to bed when Stone scored his second with a great shot that smashed off the underside of the bar before finding the back of the net.
It was a fitting end to a great cup run which saw the side win 4-1 in the quarter-final and 7-2 in the semi-final.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans