Doubles for Glowacki and Stone give St Albans City Youth U9 West a great cup win
- Credit: Archant
Two goals from both Michal Glowacki and Will Stone gave St Albans City Youth U9 West the trophy in the Mid Herts Rural Minors League Emerald Division Cup final.
Their goals meant a 4-1 win over Potters Bar Black.
Glowacki opened the scoring inside two minutes after a superb pass from Ben Burt and they doubled their lead 10 minutes later when he turned provider for Stone to tap the ball home.
Bar pulled one back from the penalty spot before the break but in the second period the young Saints came out stronger.
Glowacki got their third and his second following a throw-in from Jack Burke and after this goal, Potters Bar gradually lost confidence.
You may also want to watch:
And the young Saints put the game to bed when Stone scored his second with a great shot that smashed off the underside of the bar before finding the back of the net.
It was a fitting end to a great cup run which saw the side win 4-1 in the quarter-final and 7-2 in the semi-final.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans