Doubles for Glowacki and Stone give St Albans City Youth U9 West a great cup win
- Credit: Archant
Two goals from both Michal Glowacki and Will Stone gave St Albans City Youth U9 West the trophy in the Mid Herts Rural Minors League Emerald Division Cup final.
Their goals meant a 4-1 win over Potters Bar Black.
Glowacki opened the scoring inside two minutes after a superb pass from Ben Burt and they doubled their lead 10 minutes later when he turned provider for Stone to tap the ball home.
Bar pulled one back from the penalty spot before the break but in the second period the young Saints came out stronger.
Glowacki got their third and his second following a throw-in from Jack Burke and after this goal, Potters Bar gradually lost confidence.
And the young Saints put the game to bed when Stone scored his second with a great shot that smashed off the underside of the bar before finding the back of the net.
It was a fitting end to a great cup run which saw the side win 4-1 in the quarter-final and 7-2 in the semi-final.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt